What Is Insulin Pump & How It Works:
- the pump (including controls, processing module, and batteries)
- a disposable reservoir for insulin (inside the pump)
- a disposable infusion set, including a cannula for subcutaneous insertion (under the skin) and a tubing system to interface the insulin reservoir to the cannula.
Advantages Of Insulin Pump:
- Increased flexibility in lifestyle.
- Predictable insulin delivery.
- Precise insulin delivery.
- Ability to accurately deliver 1/10th of a unit of insulin.
- Tighter blood glucose control, while reducing the risk of low blood glucose.
- Reducing episodes of severe hypoglycemia.
- Reducing wide fluctuations in blood glucose.
- Helping manage the "dawn phenomenon."