Venue: Mohra Sharif
Date: 22nd June 2014
Mohra Sharif is a great spiritual center and home of the Naqshbandia, Mujaddadiya. Qasimiya, Sufi, order and is based in a small village. It is located in the Murree Hills of Punjab, outside Islamabad at a distance of 57 KM from the office of ADLDI. The total Population of Mohra & its surrounding villages is about 20000 people.
Need for the medical camp:
Objectives of medical camp:
- To serve the lower and middle class people of the Mohra Village and its surroundings who do not have access to nearby hospital with free medical treatment.
- To be well versed of the entire medical issues and troubles faced by the underprivileged communities specially women and children,
- To provide free medical relief to all those families who due to their poor economic condition & strict traditional norms are not able to approach specialists for appropriate medical treatment & ultimately suffered hazardous infections
- To have the complete info about the other serious illness common among villagers and refer them to the referral centers for the medical tests.
Set Up of medical Camp:
- Medical Check ups
- Diabetes Tests
- Liver Tests
- HCV/HBV Tests
- Diabetic Patients Counseling
- Provision of free medicine
Types of Services offered by Doctors
A team of doctors & medical students provided brief health education to each individual patient about diabetes , malaria, cholera & deadly diseases like HIV/AIDS, and hepatitis.
For females the following health education was provided
- Treatment of gynecological disorders.
- Ante natal check ups.
- Post natal check ups.
- Reproductive Health
- Treatment of child diseases
- Nutrition guidance
- Breast feeding guidance
- Need of immunization
- Growth monitoring
- During a short span of five hours a total number of 255 patients were examined.
- Male turnover was 77 patients. It is 30% of the total.
- Turnover of female patients was 178 patients, 70% of the total patients.